Thursday 24 January 2008

THE EXTRA PRAYERS

It has been a tradition for Atie to circulate text messages to close friends and relatives reminding them not to forget to make ‘extra prayers and doas’ for us during exams… especially this time around… “the MSc examination”. There were replied messages from Jep, Makyut, Moon, Kak Riana and few relatives. And one of them was a replied message from my aunt, Mak Ngah Lin. From the start, she was really supportive and always been one of the closest aunts to us, one that you could talk about everything... and that certainly includes guy’s matters...
Her message was...

“Assalamualaikum my dearest… not to worry, be calm. InsyaAllah everything will turn out fine n perfect… Mak Ngah berdoa that both of you get thru successfully… I’ve faith in you… go girls you can do it!! Yes! You can!! InsyaAllah! Do take care n love ya!.. Wasalam.”

After reading their messages, I automatically felt that how it sought to influence ones moods by giving them such courage at a very crucial time, time where most supports are needed... thank you dear friends and relatives... I really mean it… thank you so much guys!

Now the exams are all over, I think I need to carry on with my day-light-living. For the past few weeks, I have only slept for 3 to 4 hours per day and mostly did my work during night time. Don’t get me wrong, not that I studied all day, it’s just that I was afraid that I might wake up late than I supposed to or even worst, waking up regretting that I should have finished studying all of the syllabus if I didn't sleep, so I decided to do things that won’t let me fall asleep such as talking to friends on really un-sleepy topics... n etc

All through last semester was really hectic, I was busy preparing for presentations, lab reports and also not to forget, the most horrified task of all my entire student life, was to write a business report, yes, a business report! well... actually it was two, one for electricity market and another for regulation’s course, which I have never thought I could write one, me, an engineering student writing a business report? The world must be near to an end! Everything went well though... and I even received the highest mark in the class for my regulation’s report, well actually my group did (Thanks Aidil, Jali and Vivek!), thus making my study week a really chaotic one. I was very tired till I felt that both my eyes were liked to pop out from their sockets and my bones were about to squash my flesh.

There’s no way I’m going through this hell again, so for the second semester, which will start at the very beginning of next week, I have decided to manage time more efficiently and be more diligent. I have also decided to take subjects that will give benefits to me in the terms of my newly-mission-of time management, and I also will arranged my classes well, so that I could have one or two days free, in order for me to write reports or just to hang out, and most importantly subjects that are related to my project’s topic, the "Adaptive controls for micro grid operation under small and large disturbances"...
As always, I probably will go on a short vacation just for one or two days to Edinburgh, with my sister and another classmate but nothing has been decided yet… in a mean time, I will continue lazying around my house... Assolatuqairumminannaum...............

4 comments:

Xis said...

Yanie
thanks for linking to my blog.. Anyway.. keep on blogging, okay.. have fun there in Glasgow.. :)

Anonymous said...

yanie mmg sentiasa having fun kat glasgow tuh..huhuh..kan yanie kan??
kem salam yati ye..hehee

Yanie said...

Xis..it would be my pleasure..thanks..aja aja fighting to you too! ;)

Afzan..well, you could say that.. InsyaAllah..will do! ;)

Anonymous said...

waalaikum slm afzan....
hehehh.... well dear...
dah start sem baru pun i penat jgk
..manage time elok2..tuto siap awal..past paper print n buat awal...well at least dah print for the time being..ehehheh...buatnye blum...project dah start memeningkan kepala...owhhh how i wish i'm in malaysia rite now... nak balikkkkkkkkkkkkk.....^_^
mak jauh..ayah jauh...!!! heheeh