Friday, 20 February 2009
Friday, 13 February 2009
Enjoy the answers given by elementary school age children to the following
Why did God make mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string. I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.
What kind of little girl was your mom?
1. My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer? Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores.
Why did your mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my mom eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that mom didn't have her thinking cap on.
Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goofball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
What's the difference between moms and dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home, and dads just got to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller and stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
What does your mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
'maybe not'... hee :P
thinking of having any kids now... think again..!
Wednesday, 25 June 2008
“O Allah, Tempt me not to seek help from other than Thee when I am distressed, to humble myself in asking from someone else when I am poor, or to plead with someone less than Thee when I fear”
Monday, 2 June 2008
It’s your birthday today. Happy 29th birthday!
In this opportunity, I would like to apologise for always making you mad at me, for always finding ways to talk back and condemned to every single word you said, for always being late when meeting you, for always asking you with my weird sort of pain in the head type of questions, for always finding ways to step on your shoes and for all other things that I have done to suffer you enough throughout this time, I’m simply sorry.
While I’m writing this blog I realised that being an adult meaning that I would have to endure the pain of losing good friends. I once felt terribly hard to go on with life when facing the fact that Ang is not going to be here with me anymore. Though we have always chat and email each other most of the time but having each other side by side is more what I needed than just a phone call or an email. Thinking about losing another one is already hurting me but I do realise that the time will come. No matter how hard I refused to acknowledge it, it will definitely be there. As time past on, I have eventually able to stand on my own and everything seemed to fall into place. And I know I will be even better this time around.
Yeah, you might say it’s not like I can’t and won’t be able to meet you again. But will it be the same? Bet it won’t be! I can’t just step on your shoes like I always do right after not seeing each other for 3 years? or laugh crazily at what ever you are saying... or even condemned your new hairdo, can I? Or maybe I could! Anyway, life must goes on. No matter what the journey will look like in the future, I must preserve. I can’t just rely on anybody. So Pakcik, don’t worry about me. I’ll be perfectly fine and as you once described me… “kau nih ganas sangat larr!”. Thus I’m sure with my ‘ganas’ ability, I’ll be okay.
Once again, I wish you all the best and I hope your journey to France is going to be great… “So enjoy yer trip to Eiffel, mate!” (in scotts accent!)
My life ends when losing you but it will definitely shines back once I get your wedding invitation card... After all, as I always say to you, we are natural born enemies. Perhaps I could use some of the photos at Skye to sabotage you... huhu... What? Do you think I would praised you for nothing huh! And last but not least, I would take back all good things I have said above about you. Why? After all we are enemies. I can’t just praise my enemy, can I? wakakakaa :P
Saturday, 26 April 2008
Monday, 21 April 2008
2) Stable financial condition
3) Great educational background and religious life… (This is however just for some ppl.. but all I know religion & education is vital nowadays)
4) Accommodation & great neighbourhood to live in especially one with nice view… (This popped-up on my mind when Campsie glen was in front of me…)
Oh, how could I forget! Having said all that without a healthy body, all luxury could be useless…
Then, when the bus comes to halt and the driver smiled at me, I started listing up again…
6) If you travel to any destination using public transportation, maybe a behaved driver could be a great help for you especially if you are travelling home after a tiring day… hmm…that’s really true I guess…
7) Pleasant holiday vacations… I’m thinking of going to Italy this year… but where to?
hmm...what else... aah!
8) Comfortable clothing to wear... especially shoes… a pair of snickers perhaps
9) Tasty food to enjoy... watch out char koey teow...! I'll be back this year...heheheh
10) Nice weather... owh..maybe not.. well, sometimes you do need this... hmmm
I could continue filling up this list forever… I decided to stop listing yesterday once I saw my ward... suddenly there was something else comes knocking on head...
I wonder what happened to the seven months pregnant young lady who died yesterday after choking on food. Or did she killed hersef? In a psychiatric hospital, anything is possible! But it’s a shame, she was just 22 years old.
Owh no! A post mortem??!! She got baby in her stomach... for God's sake! ...
Thursday, 10 April 2008
QASIDAH BURDAH LYRICS... by MESUT KURTIS
Mawlaya salli wa sallim da’iman abada
'Ala habibika khayril khalqi kullihimi
O my Master, send your salutations and blessings forever
Upon Your Beloved, the best of the whole of creation
Muhammadun sayyidul kawnayni wath thaqalayn
Wal fariqayni min 'urbin wa min 'ajami
Muhammad is the master of the two worldsand of Man and the jinn
Leader also of the Arabs, non-Arabs and their kin
Huwal habibul ladhi turja shafa'atuhu
Likulli hawlin minal ahwali muqtahami
Beloved by Allah is he upon whose pleading we depend
From terrors of the Day of Judgement,which on us descend
Thummar ridha 'an Abi Bakrin wa 'an 'Umarin
Wa 'an 'Aliyyin wa 'an 'Uthmana dhil karami
Then we ask You to be pleased with Abu Bakr, 'Umar,
'Ali and 'Uthman the generous one
Ya rabbi bil Mustafa balligh maqasidana
Waghfir lana ma ma\a ya wasi'al karami
O my Lord! with the Elect One make us attain our goals
And forgive us for what has passed,O Most Munificent One!
Lyrics: Imam Sharaf al-Din al-Busairi (d.696/1296)
Arrangement: Sami Yusuf
Producer: Sami Yusuf