Monday 7 January 2008

MY BEST BUDDY

- simply melepak -
- swing...swing -
- a week old -


Yes, by looking at those photos people would know right away that I have a twin sister. Yes again, we have never been separated, not once. Well at least not yet. What can I do, I love her so much!

Before we were born, mum and dad did not expect us to be twin but they were incidents during her pregnancy that they keep repeatedly telling me and my sister about. It’s really funny though... how my dad felt the motorcycle was really heavy when climbing up Bukit Baru in Penang compared to her first pregnancy...she was not as heavy as this time around... and how she didn’t experience any morning sicknesses or wanting to eat weird and unnecessary foods or anything, but my dad was like half dead having morning sicknesses, funny isn't it? and mymum would say ' Anak abah la katakan!' ...heee

One reason why my mum didn’t feel like she was carrying us because her baby bump was really small and there’s no other unpredicted difficulties during her pregnancy and plus my mum went to check to two doctors and yet there was nothing they had realised. My mum told me that we were very small and tiny when we were born and she had no complication while giving birth to us. She even said that it was easier giving birth to us compared to my other two brothers. Owh! How I love her.

We were born in my grandma’s house in Penang and that bidan, Mak Munah, told my mum that we would bring my family’s luck and rezeki... how sweet... Mak Munah until now keeps asking my mum how we are and she keeps telling her that she missed us especially during Ramadhan... How I missed her as well. She would kiss me and my sister repeatedly and hug us every time we had come across her. Well what can I say; I’m a little bit famous back home...:)


Back home people would call us anak semilai or simply atiani. Why? It’s simply because ikan semilai are all alike and atiani is simply combination of both of our nicknames, ati for Yatie and ani for Yanie. This is due to the reason that people cannot differentiate us... so they end up calling us with such cute names... We are not really totally alike and our behaviours are definitely different. Close friends would know right away which is which. As for my sister, she's a little bit friendlier than me and her character is lively. Me? I’m totally different from her and the only thing we've shared is our interest and blood & DNA of course. We love travelling and always involve in extreme outdoors activities; hiking and that involve mountain climbing, swimming, fishing, canoeing, camping and REMPITing :)... we've got this from my dad...except for the rempit thing...he's such a nature lover...

My mum and dad really and totally understand us. If we ever needed to go out while they weren't home, all we need to do was just left some notes telling them where we are going patched onto the fridge. As simple as that. They would know exactly with whom we went out with (obviously with Makyut and Jep) and they would be expecting us to come home at night... because that's what we always do. They seem easy on us, right? I once felt really depressed because of this... it was when I asked them if they would allow me to go study abroad, my mum simply said that as long as I know how to take care of my self, she would definitely allow it. I was so happy but then... when I talk to my friends they told me that their mum didn't allow them to go simply because they were worried that things might turn out to be the other way around..so I went back to ask my mum wanting her to explain why she was so easy on letting me abroad... She calmly said that she trust me and believe that I would never involve with bad things... and she added that she knew that I would protect my solah and also I didn’t involve with men... back home and if I do, she knows I would know the limit. I was touched and amazed that my mum trusted me to such level. I would rather not disappoint her in such matters. Once again when I told her I would want to continue my study to PHD level and might probably get married a little bit late or might not at all, she simply said that it’s all about jodoh and as long as I don’t get involve with other women’s hubby, she would be okay. That’s simply is my mum... My dad? Ever heard of a good woman for a great guy? :) There you go... you've got the answer already... Love them so much... Miss them so much...


-Yanie-

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehh... i simly rase la kan... i lg comel dr u ....ehhehe :P

miss mum n dad too...uwaaaaaa T_T

Yanie said...

yeah right!...

Anonymous said...

r u crazy?!

Yanie said...

there...didnt i tell u...isyh..isyh..nway many thanks to Mr.H...;)

Anonymous said...

hey..dua2 pon comel laa..hehehe..
btw..my name is Norshaly afzan bt mokhtar..hehehe..full lg..so letak afzan je pon xpe..

and..thx for jenguk2 my blog..hehehe

Yanie said...

hi!..thanks to u as well...okay..i didnt know..bcoz yatie gave me ur link n she simply said that ur name was norafzan...mmg la bdk nih.. :)

Anonymous said...

mcm nak muntah aje...huhuhuh

Yanie said...

ha..ha...nice try!